Tuesday, August 16, 2011

enton Dunson - Top of the World


“In celebration of 100,000 downloads of Creative Destruction 2 in just over a month, I wanted to release a free track for the fans before we fly to L.A. to shoot the “Firestarter” video. The internet is the proving to be the most powerful tool for upcoming artists like myself. You can really see the world and when that world is moved by your art…it’s an amazing feeling. So I based the song partially from that but also wanted to release one for those of us who are not only ambitious, but actually act on it and eventually succeed. Once you achieve your goal, don’t look back…don’t come down! That’s the whole theme of “Top of the World”. I was moved by the infectious Passion Pit track called “The Reeling” and eventually used a sample from it as the base. I chopped it up and just built from there with syncopated drum sequences, 808s, raw lyrics and vocal layers. I finished it, I took a ride to it with the windows down and it felt just how I wanted it to…so I wanted to drop it! Thank you to all the supporters for downloading, hosting and sharing Creative Destruction 2.” – Kenton Dunson

No comments:

Post a Comment